J-Zone describes himself as a "Curmudgeon, producer, DJ, lampoonery expert, and a avid music fan. Now we can give him a new title of author. His new book"Root for the Villain: Rap, Bullshit, and a Celebration of Failure" is many things. Here's the list:
1. A musical journey.
2. An ode to a hip-hop vixen.
3. The impact of forgotten rap albums.
4. Diggin' in the crates and cassette tape appreciation.
5. What happens when rappers get day jobs? (The plight of Generation "X").
6. What is a Gadget Ho?
7. A funny, honest, and self-deprecating look at the life of a struggling musician.
8. A playground for adults. Who would've thought?
9. If you try to figure out the opposite sex, you've already lost...
10. Are men the new women (What the fuck)?
11. You're not a New Yorker. You bought "Empire State of Mind" on iTunes and live in an old Brooklyn factory.
12. I live with my grandmother and she farts a lot...
13. The war on bullshit begins! Root for the Villain.
This is part one of my interview with J-Zone